Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Evolution: Release(part 3)

Life never stops for anything. A sad embrace of losing something, yet turning around and finding something better. In the evolution of the species, they had to leave the former habitat that he was once familiar with to enter a new one. Like the previous reference with butterflies. They change from using the element of earth to transforming into using their wings to use the element of air to travel. Leaving the world they once grown accustomed to, and finding a new way to move. A new way to be. Fine, I know, that's not evolution, but the point was still there.

The embers slowly began to fade, as did Rob's conciousness, as well as my own. We began to make our way to his bedroom. When we entered inside it, I suddenly felt really nervous. Everything is going great, but I remembered how the last one ended. And walking to the bed, I felt like I was walking into an iron maiden. Once he laid down on the bed, and we began watching The Big Gay Sketch Show, I began to realize that I, just as the butterfly, was starting to lose one element to gain another.

Realizing that if I keep holding onto something that has long ago died, I will be the only one left feeling sorry for myself. And with that, I moved my hand to Rob's back and begin to touch. And with that I felt like I had finally learned to let go. Once I did, I felt like my own body was coming back to life. Like someone gave my aching body a percocet and I was finally able to feel again. Then once we got under the covers together and began to hold each other. I felt like I was not going to be the same person that I was when I woke up the morning before. Yet waking up to someone that wants you to be there and won't give up on you?

I woke up to see him sleeping. At peace. I smirked a bit as I laid back down in the bed. The next morning was welcomed with chattering, a text message from Scott offering some chocolate creme pie and irish creme coffee in bed for two. Can we not be anymore desperate? I feel like I am a celebrity in the house, his roommate will stop at nothing to get me. Yvonne made her appearance in our room while we were cuddling talking about the morning. Can my life be any more different now?

While Rob was making some breakfast--shirtless---his roommate decided to just poke around. Rob was telling me to take off my shirt to show Yvonne my bod, but I knew that there would be no way I would give his roommate pleasure in any way. But while sitting on the patio, watching the neighborhood wake up. Watching the gay doctor drive off in his new Audi because he is making bank and seeing people walking their dogs down the Wisteria Lane-like lane.

I then began to realize that I had finally crossed over, like a ghost crossing over after haunting his house for a year. Waking up in another town, having a different feeling, feeling excitement of what my new chapter in my life is offering.

Evolution, in order for mankind to be better. Experiences release to become a more advanced species. Because if we stay in the same point, while the rest of humanity is advanced, we will be caught up in the past, like homeschooled children with no interaction with the outside world. Attempting to catch up with an ever accelerating society.

to be continued...

No comments: