Thursday, January 15, 2009

90-day Free Trial!

You get those in the mail all the time. A little square envelope with a CD inside, tempting you to
try it out by screaming "Free". It is a genius way for promoting their product really. You ponder as you sit in front of your laptop/computer whether it will be less space on the hard drive, but you do it anyway. Probably even knowing you might get addicted to using it or get set up with another way to spend money, but you enjoy the trial while it lasts. This is how I feel right know with Riddick.

So we have hung out a couple times; and in those times that we are around each other, they just feel awkward for me. Should I be more affectionate? Or should I not make myself look so desperate and pitiful. Should I just have fun and see where this goes? Or should I try to put some effort to show him that I am interest (even though it is oh-so-obvious)? After recieving enough of his confusing mixed signals, I decided to ask advice from someone I never go to: Jeff.

I would never ask him for advice, but that was when I was still in my "boy-with-a-crush" phase; since I have surpassed that, I decided to get some advice from the smartest person I know. As we were driving, I turned to him and asked him subtlely: "Can I ask you for some advice? I need help."

"Sure baby. What's going on?"

I began to explain my Riddick concerns. I am definitely interested in him, but I am just confused
about our relationship. He cuddles with me, he wants to hang out, we go out drinking and spend time together. Sometimes, I feel like he is showing interest in me, then he says the word: Buddy.
According to a poll of seven people, that's a friend word. When he says that, my little giddy smile
goes away and wakes up to the idea: this might be just a fling. I concluded by saying: "I want to know if I should still pursue this and to know what he wants. Because if he is looking for a friend, then we can stop the sex."

Jeff knew it was time for him to respond. "Stop being impatient and just enjoy it for what it's worth." He counseled. "If he enjoys the time that he spends with you, which I believe he does, then it will happen on its own. But give yourself a goal of how long you want to continue this. Don't tell me a month either, because that's too early to tell."

I decided that I would like to go with the AOL free-trial way: Give him a 90-day free trial. After
the trial is over, he either dates me, or he leaves me. I don't have time to put up with this bullshit and get hurt in the process.

This whole dating scene is just like those free trial packets you get in the mail. You recieve one product to try for free. If you like it, you buy it; if you don't, it goes in the trash, with the rest of the failed trial. This free-trial packet named Riddick is confusing. It's got a nice smell, does wonders for my personality; yet, at the same time, I don't know if I should invest my time and money into this product unless it is showing some serious positive results. Should I use up this trial packet? or should I just move onto a new product?

No comments: