Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Superheroes

As a writer, I am to be honest and open to talk about whatever comes on my mind. I am to expose myself like Britney Spears coming out of a limo. It may feel uncomfortable at times, but it's in times that we are left vulnerable and bleeding do we become stronger. Don't get me wrong, I am not implying massochism or cutting yourself. I am implying to be open and honest with one another. Something that I was trying to convey in my last blog that got me in trouble.
Life is too short to hide yourself in a closet, a purse, or from the rest of the world to see. I know that for a fact, considering the demons I have had to encounter.
When you are born into this world, you are faced with alot of hardship. You have to endure the hardships of not finding a peach crayon but finding too many orange ones; not getting enough candy for Valentines, getting socks for Christmas, or having the kids torture you mercilessly with taunts and jeers. As you encounter the double digits in the teen years, your body goes through changes and you get the shit scared out of you when you find hair in unexpectedly; discovering your new ability to yodel as your voice changes almost as bad as Peter Brady in the Brady Bunch; having your first crush and learning the pain in learning that although she likes you, she only sees you as a friend and nothing else. We live during these years first loving our parents (varies within each life though), you see your parents as being the superheroes in your life. In your teen years, you hate your parents because they just don't understand; when they try to understand, you think they are dorks for dressing up hip and are embarrassed by what legnths they are trying to go to to open a channel of communication between a child with father/mother.
Then you hit your twenties, you think you are indestructible. Nothing can get to you, because, hell, you are twenty one and you can drink and stay up all night nailing all the sex partners possible. You can cum multiple times in one night (not speaking from personal experience of course). But it can all end in just one flash.
I realized this in several ways. A couple of months ago, one of my friends was killed in a motorcycle accident. Although I was not as close to him compared to the others attending his funeral, but death felt really real that day. In relations to my own identity, death is something that is very much apart of me. Not saying that the people I love are going to die, but rather saying that it is inevitable part of me that I can't avoid but learn to deal with. Just because I am twenty-two does not mean I am some superhero flying around. Even superheroes die, look at Captain America and Superman. They all have weaknesses. But in the meantime, learning that as being apart of my own identity, I learn to have fun and learn to get as much from life as I can. Hence the reason why I am blogging, so that those that are reading can not make the same mistakes that I have made in my life.

No comments: